Friday, December 10, 2010

We were given a task to walk around and look for a technopreneur idea. Well, I think I have also thought of one during technopreneurship 1, and it was about an online artist agency. Now, I want to think of something that I am interested to nowadays. It is really hard to think of something at first especially when you are already satisfied with what you have right now. Since I love doing something, anything under the sun, I want think of something that I will be able to put out on hands someday. As I have confessed in my past proposal, I am not a business-minded person.

Almost everything nowadays, automatic, and more people are now living and depending on the cyber world. Career people are always in a hurry and with the help of the internet and hi-tech gadgets; it makes their work easier and faster. I am referring to event organizers specifically. I could see that their ways of living are always in a rush. There a lot of things to take care of and it is not easy organizing things and being reprimanded by your bosses. That is why I have made this kind of business in order to help them for their work to become easier and faster. At first I have thought of an online shop, but online shops are so 2009. And I do not think I will be able to make gadgets. But since it is just an idea why not make it fantastic.

During the last technopreneurship, I was able to think of a business which was called Cyber Artists Center. If I will be given a chance, I will still try to implement it because it is my passion; performing. So, what is Cyber Artists Center all about? It is where I hold different artists like bands, singers, dancers and even emcees. Since I am into performing as well, I would like to have it this way. Where we all get to benefit, we get to earn money and at the same time fulfill our dreams of becoming performers not just in our locality but the whole wide world as well. But this idea does not stop inside the cyber world; I have plans on creating my own company in live action. Where I get to train and help lots of amateurs yet talented people. I know for a fact that talented people are scattered everywhere, especially on the cyber world. If you would try searching on Youtube, you will see millions of videos where talented people perform. I could see that they are really doing their best on getting the people’s attention so they can show what they have got. I know what they are feeling because I, myself too is in the state where I want to show to others that I am not just an ordinary girl, hence, I have something to show to others as well. And I know that some of them are desperate to create a name in the industry. But before engaging to that gigantic world, they have to undergo a process in order to prepare them. As I have seen those talented people, I have thought of helping some of them getting the life that they want to; living the kind of life that they are passionate about. We earn while we have fun. So this is how my business will run: I will hold an open audition for possible artists that I will be managing. Let them submit an audition video. With the videos, I will choose some of it to be posted and promoted. I will put up a gallery-like website where I will promote different artists. If the clients want singers, dancers, bands and emcees, they will just scan to the page where their chosen performers will be posted. Together with the artists, are the said videos for a preview. After they have picked their choice, they will have to contact the manager which will be me. After negotiations, I may then contact the said artist or the performer and give them the event that they will be handling; the kind of event, the date, the location and the number of hours that they will be performing.

So that was my first techno idea, last meeting, we were asked again to walk around and think of another technopreneur creation or idea. On my past essays, I always give emphasis to my passion which is music. And when I say music, I really find it hard to think of something that would become a great technopreneur discovery. So the first thing, I love music so much. I love singing whether it is a Filipino song, English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. I love it. Now I always listen to different kind of music. And I love singing with it. Now my problem is sometimes I cannot sing with it, especially songs in other languages. That is why I came up with an idea of certain device or an mp3 player that automatically searches for lyrics in roman form because other languages have their own alphabets, so I thought of a device that automatically converts a certain alphabet to roman characters in order for me to be able to read it. I am not quite sure if this has already existing but I want to be particular that the device is only an mp3 player and plays only mp3 format files. It would be a convenient for me, as well as other music lovers out there.

The next techno idea I have though of is a device that tells if a mother dog is about to give birth. I had a past experience before where I have dog which was pregnant. But we were not able to monitor how she gave birth; the sad and crucial part for me was she ate two of her puppies. She had 6 but only four survived. I really felt sad because I also have this weak point when it comes to animals specifically to dogs. Now, I have another dog who is about to give birth soon, and I want to see her give birth to her puppies and of course, to avoid what had happened before, I want take good care of her puppies. Since she is my favorite dog, I want to be on her side when she is in pain. So what would this device do? It is a choker for dogs or dog tags to be specific. It would send a text message when the dog’s tummy starts to contract and if it is time for her to give birth. In such way, I will be aware of my dog’s situation and I will be there to witness and support her during the special day of her life.

The next thing I had in mind is a portable ultrasound. So why did I come up with this idea? My mom always talks about his huge tummy and tells us about the pain she is feeling sometimes. We often see the doctor for her checkups and it costs way too much and sometimes it takes too much time when we are on queue. Now in order to save money, I wanted to create a device for an ultrasound that stores up the images on it. Instead of queuing for how many hours, we will just have to show the results to her doctor and just have a consultation. In that way we will be able to save money and time. This will also be applicable for pets, like dogs so that we will be able to determine the number of puppies that we will be expecting in the future. And we will be able to know if they are pregnant again and stuff like that. It will be really helpful, for us pet lovers and for the veterinarian use as well.

Another idea I had, actually this was my idea even before I was enrolled in technopreneurship. I wanted to create a customer counter inside any fast food chains. So how did I come up with such idea? Well, it always happens to us whenever we go to any fast food chains or restaurants, especially during kunch breaks and snack time, where lots of people are queing and lots of people are already eating. I want to make a device that tells whether there is still vacant tables inside or if we should better look for another restaurant. Queing is no joke, the thing when you have to fall in line and end up wasting your time standing and waiting for vacant tables with a tray full of food. So this device will be placed outside the restaurant, when we see a red light, it simply means that the establishment is full and we will have to look for another. In that case, we will be able to save time and avoid ulcer.

There are a lot of technopreneur ideas out there waiting to be discovered, they are waiting for us to thnk about them if only we are open enough for changes and for great ideas to come in. Now,as a reminder for us to be able to catch great ideas, we should be patient; this is must not just for me but to all as well. In the techno world, you will not succeed instantly. Success in this kind of world is not reached just as easy as winning a raffle draw. Everything comes into a process. And this process may take long if you will just going to watch everything and do nothing. And not everything that put up will end up the way you wanted it to be. That is why I should possess great patience in order to succeed. The next thing is to be persevered; this is also a must have in every aspects of our lives. In any career that we are taking, we should pour our very best in order to succeed. Like what I have said, you cannot get anything by watching, you should do a thing in order to catch something. Even in our studies, we should be persevered in order to get good grades. Studying is one way; you will not be able to understand anything if you will just depend on what your teacher has taught you, you should learn how to understand your lessons in your own way. Striving hard is one factor that will be helpful for humans to survive in this world. That is why everyone must possess such characteristic. If everyone will have it, I am sure that there will be no more hungry people living in this country. The next thing is to be determined; this is very common among people like us. We tend to become determined enough to know what we want and to get what our hearts shout for. Being determined will give us directions on where we should go, leading to our greatest dreams. Next is be creative. Every each of us has this artistic skills hidden inside. We just have to let it and let it give us motivation and direction. You see, these are just some. We could be creative enough and unique if we do not close our hearts and our minds for great ideas to come. And through this, wewill be able to create something and contribute to the betterment and advancement of the world.

Starting and thinking of great ideas may be hard, it was hard for me at first too since I am not that creative when it comes to creative stuffs. I struggle a lot since I am not that into techie gadgets although I am fond of using some, I cannot see myself making one. Even thinking how to make the physical components of any device makes me scared since I do not know how to be crafty. Maybe because I just do not know myself that much. I know I could do something but maybe it is just not the time. I am hoping soon enough, I will be able to craete one greate invention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment