Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1

This was day that we have been waiting for! Our trip to Manila. On the first day, October 4, 2010, we left Davao at 10:10 am and arrived in Manila at 11:55 am via Cebu Pacific Airlines, too bad we weren’t able to see dancing flight attendants [hehe]. It was memorable for me because it was my first time; first time to go inside the airport, first time to see an airplane in a closer look and ride on it. It was pretty fascinating for me. As the aircraft was starting to move my heart beat increased like it was about to burst. When we were already flying, I could see the beautiful islands of the Philippines. It was breath-taking. But when we were approaching Manila, the white clouds and blue waters became brown and muddy. I do not know but I felt a little sad because the place was now really polluted and I felt bad for those who were living there. But I am still hopeful that there would still be a time that it will be back to what it was before, Philippines is a beautiful country, you know. After an hour and half, we were descending already and I felt really excited. After landing, we went to see our buses and tour guides. I belong to Bus 4.

Since we arrived in Manila almost 12 noon and we were starving, we went directly to Jade Valley Cantonese Cuisine Restaurant located in the corner of Sct. Torillo and Sct. Rallos, Quezon City. It was a buffet meal so I ate a lot. We also took a little picture taking and sight-seeing.


Today I went on company visit to Bayan Telecommunications at Quezon City.


What I learned?

We all know that BayanTel is one of the largest telephone service providers, but know they don’t just deal with telephones but with internet connections as well. They showed to us how their company works and how they monitor their connections from different parts of the country.

They have also shared to us the history of their company. Bayan Telecommunications Holdings Corporation was incorporated in October 15, 1993. Bayan Telecommunications, the operating arm of BTHC and formerly known as International Communications Corporation, was incorporated in April 18, 1996. I learned that their company provides major services like Local Exchange Carrier (LEC), International Gateway Facility (IGF), Leased Line service, domestic and international, Public Trunk Radio, and Public Calling Office. Their existing nationwide network is composed of satellite, terrestrial and land/submarine based cable facilities. The network includes capacities in the National Digital Transmission Network (NDTN), a joint project of six Philippine telecommunications carriers. They do have variety of services that involves lots of data transmissions and communications. Aside from the landline and internet, they serves alongside with business people providing Data Transport services, IP services, Value Added services, Managing services and Voice services. They also provide international communication in order to keep long-distance relationships get in-touch as long as they wish; which helps people especially those who have been working outside the Philippines. So this goes to show that Bayan Telecommunication is not just an easy company, it is a huge corporation that offers good service to consumers like us.


What I liked?


Today, well the food at Jade Valley was really great. Since we arrived at 12 noon, we only had half of the day left for the company visit and that was allotted for one company. For Bayantel, I like the way they entertained us. They showed us some good sides of their company that would greatly help us in the near future.

Another thing was of course, the first mall time we had at SM Mall of Asia. It is one of the places that I have wanted to visit ever since. I was really thrilled when I got to see the huge globe outside the mall. It was almost dinner when we got there so we got to see the globe with dancing lightings. It was really fascinating. We also went to Timezone, where our favorite Dance Maniax was located. As expected, we just hang out on that place for the whole time. After playing, we went directly to Taste Asia in MOA where we had our dinner. I also liked the food there.


What I didn’t like?


When we got to Bayantel, I was not satisfied with what they have shown to us, I almost fell asleep because what they have showed to us is just the same with what they are showing on tv that serves as their advertisements. And I am honestly sick of that. I know what kind of business they have that is why I keep asking for more, like how specifically the services evolves and runs countrywide. And I could see that they were not ready and prepared when we got there, it was like an impromptu show. I wish they have shown more to satisfy us students that might be working with them in the near future.

I also didn’t like the time when we got to MOA because I wasn’t able to do ice skating! We were wearing formal clothes with heels. I hated it a lot because ever since I was in Davao, I have always wanted to do that.

End of Day 1.



0 comments:

Post a Comment