Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 3


October 6, I woke up earlier than my other roommates, I am proud of it. Around 4:15, I took a bath and wore formal attire. High-heels again. After all the preparations, we went down for our breakfast at Bellore Restaurant at Examiner Street, Quezon City; it was just beside Grills and Sizzles


Today, we went to the Advance Science and Technical Institute at UP Diliman, and at the Social Security System main office in East Avenue, Quezon City.


What I have learned?


I have learned that the BAYANIHAN operating system was created at ASTI. ASTI is where new researches being made; IT-related stuff and on microelectonics. I have learned that aside from doing researches, ASTI also provides services such as Digital Library System which is capable of handling digitized documents that can be easily uploaded and stored include conference proceedings, journals, theses, dissertations, and other publications, even audio and video files of trainings, seminars, and workshops, Digital Content System which is a free online library which directs users to exemplary resources for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education and research, Virtual Classroom, classroom-like but over IP, Webhosting which allows individuals and organizations to host their own website and the .GOV.PH Domain Delegation. They have also shown us some of their implemented projects like the GSM Data Terminal, Wireless Telemetry and Remote Monitoring Platform, PICMe Microcontroller Starter Kit, Digital Wood Moisture Meter, Digital MultiMeter, and the Pasteurizer.

Next was the SSS visit. The SSS company visit was the best company visit we had. I mean, they have prepared a lot. They discussed a lot of things, about why should be a member and what the benefits of the members are and how they synchronize the data around different SSS branches in the Philippines. I learned the process on how they verify the identification of their members. They have showed to us how they accept applicants and how to verify such and especially how to make the SSS IDs. It was quite interesting. Too bad we went there after office hours; we were not able to see the machine on work. They have also shown their library and the museum that contains artifacts. It was the best out of all the companies we have been to, the ladies who guided us were very nice and friendly.


What I liked?


The people at ASTI were great, very friendly and accommodating. They answered all of our questions with a smile and showed us great willingness. I also loved the lunch at Kenny Rogers.

What I really liked today was the visit at SSS. It was really meaningful. I found it very interesting because I know someday I will have my own SSS ID and become a member of that government department. I also loved how ladies there talked to us, very warm and welcoming. I loved their museum, it was like I came back to the old times and I also saw some old stuff from the past. It was really amazing.

We were also able to took pictures of our president’s house. I liked it.
After company visit, the Tutuban Mall trip was also one of the best! I was able to buy stuff at a low price.


What I didn’t like?


The thing I disliked during this day was that we wasted an hour waiting for our turn at ASTI. We were the first ones to arrive there but I didn’t know why the other group was the one who entered the building first. So instead, we went to UP Coop where they sell UP stuff. And had a little photo shoot at the UP Oblation, but unfortunately, I fell asleep waiting so I wasn’t able to join the picture taking thing.

Another thing, I would love to buy more at Tutuban Mall but we only had few minutes to stroll around. So I guess the shortage of time was the greatest issue on our trip.

End of Day 3.


0 comments:

Post a Comment