Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 5


October 8, the last day. We still have two more companies to visit. We started our day with a breakfast still at the hotel.


Today, I went on a company visit to TTI (Telecoms Training Institute) at Valenzuela City and MMDA (Metropolitan Manila Development Authority) Traffic Engineering department at Makati City.


What I have learned?


I have learned that Telecommunications Training Institute or TTI was made to aid players in the telecommunications industry, its training programs were opened to other interested parties, such as: technical staff of PTEs, Image employees from other government agencies, students, out-of-school youths, and foreign students. They are offering the following trainings: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Solar Power System, Aerial Line Plant Design, Aerial Line Plant Installation, Metallic Cable Splicing, Outside Plant Maintenance, Optic Fiber Splicing and Testing, Digital Telephone, Switching, Concepts and Applications, Basic Digital Technology, Digital Transmission Technology, Wireless Local Loop (WLL), Satellite Communications Technology, Data Communications and Networking, Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) (info about the training from TTI website). They have showed us lots about data transmission on communication and transportation. They showed to us how fiber optics being used and how we should be careful on cutting it because it could kill people. It was a good topic, but I do not think that we will be inclined to such line of career. It was all about wirings, connections and I think ECE people would be best for it. I did not even understand some of the terms the lecturer gave. But it was quite nice.

After TTI, we had our last company visit at the MMDA Traffic Engineering department. MMDA holds lots of sub-departments to cater the development of Manila. And one of it is the Transport and Traffic Management; which includes the formulation, coordination and monitoring of policies, etc. As we were entering, we were amazed to huge screens monitoring the busy streets of Manila. They’ve got lots of computer for monitoring. They even showed us a recorded video of an accident, and they were able to verify who’s to be blamed of it. And with their high-tech cameras they are able to see the plate numbers of the vehicles passing. After the monitoring, they showed us a room where data transmission occurs or in our term, servers. So if ever you want to know an alternative way to your destination to avoid traffic, you can contact them and they will provide you the routes.


What I liked?


I liked the MMDA visit. We saw how technology can be helpful nowadays. We could see how they implement different technology in order to maintain and achieve peaceful and orderly Manila streets and highways.

I also liked the Market Market stop. I was able to buy things for my sisters. And I never thought that they allow dogs to go inside the mall. I loved it. I wish the malls here in Davao would allow it too.


What I didn’t like?


After MMDA, we went to our last Mall stop, Market Market. Since it was almost 5:30pm we only had a little time to stroll around. I dislike the thought of leaving Manila without seeing my cousins and without experiencing the things that I wanted to do wayback.

After which, we headed to the airport for our departure going back to Davao.

End of Day 5.


0 comments:

Post a Comment