Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Your reflections/insights on your personal traits test.

When we talk about personal traits, the first thing that pops out into my mind is character. Character is somehow synonym to traits. If I were to define traits, it is like a distinguishing thing that would really show who you really are. Personal traits are very important because it measures up your capability and reliability as a career person. If we show our good traits, lots of interesting opportunities would come along the way, and if were going to expose our side bad side, we would be able to lose something big

In order to know how were going to fix a relationship or how to get along with other people, personal traits tests were made. I would really help people to know who they really are and know how to improve themselves.

Two weeks ago, we took a personal traits test to know if we have the technopreneur mindset in us. After the test, most of us had a satisfactory result, not yet in a technopreneur level but getting there. As I have observed, most of the questions refers to handling a situation, on how were going to adopt a certain environment when we are a career people already. It was a great test for us to improve more and do well in our career lives.

Since all of us are only in the satisfactory level, I wonder what traits a real technopreneur could have in the world of technopreneurship also known as the Cyber Entrepreneurship. How a technopreneur thinks and how a technopreneur adjusts to his/her environment. For us to be able to distinguish the levels between entrepreneurship and technopreneurship, let me state some of he traits of an entrepreneur and of a technopreneur, and how am I going to relate on these traits.

The ENTREPRENEUR, who organizes, operates and assumes the risks for a new business venture.

• A DESIRE TO ACHIEVE
-the push to conquer problems, and give birth to a successful venture
To be successful takes a lot of courage. Strength and drive is a must to reach triumph. Being into business is not all happy-happy and easy, problems come and distractions occur, it is normal to encounter such that is why courage is needed. As for me, undergoing different problems in my personal and social life is not a new thing to me, especially now in college. Problems like financial, very common and problems in school like stacks of projects, thesis and alike, they are obstacles that we students have to undergo before graduating. And it’s not going to end on graduation, after that the real problems come. That is why we have to prepare ourselves for us to be able to surpass these obstacles and reach success.

• HARD WORK
-it is often suggested that many entrepreneurs are workaholics
Do I need to say more? Even non-entrepreneurs, especially college students [usep] are workaholics. We do more school works, study and play at the same time. We only get a little time to rest. But since the real world is fast approaching towards us, I think we should add more of our effort to do great and to do more on our career. If we are able to do great, then it is going to be easy for us to take on the journey in the world of business. I can say that I am
hard-working, not really workaholic but I love to keep myself busy.

• DESIRE TO WORK FOR THEMSELVES
-entrepreneurs like to work for themselves, rather than working for an organization or any other individual. They may work for someone to gain the knowledge of the product or service that they may want to produce.
It is the same as the mindset being thought to us by our professor which is to let you become the employer and not the employee. Being an employer has the great advantage than just being an employee of some company. In being the employer and you own your own company, you get to taste the product of your own sweat, and the money is all yours and all of your efforts are worth it. When you work for yourself, the pressure is not that high, I mean, you could manage your own time and decide on what you feel is good. For us young entrepreneurs, we like are somewhat like selfish in a way that all of our work, especially your own work will be paid off and all of it will go to yourself alone. I am somehow like that. I hate pressures and I hate being told on what to do.

• NURTURING QUALITY
-willing to take charge of, and watch over a venture until it can stand alone.
Do not let your business depreciate. Be watchful and maintain the quality of products you promote to earn trust from clients. This is important especially when you are starting your own venture. You should be able to offer high-quality service for your clients to recommend you to other and your business would be a great hit. For students, it is like maintaining your grades, if you will be able to graduate with high grades, companies will look out for you. You would be hired immediately and earn money sooner than you think. In my case, I did really badly in some of my subjects but I do not think that it would be hard for me. It is just a matter of guts and thinking skills.

• ACCEPTANCE O F RESPONSIBILITY
-Are morally, legally, and mentally accountable for their ventures. Some entrepreneurs may be driven more by altruism than by self-interest.
Being responsible is one of the important traits an entrepreneur should possess. Being into business world is not easy; you will be carrying a huge responsibility in running your own business. There would be upcoming bad issues and we as career people should be able to face all of those.

• REWARD ORIENTATION
-Desire to achieve, work hard, and take responsibility, but also with a commensurate desire to be rewarded handsomely for their efforts; rewards can be in forms other than money, such as recognition and respect.
Who doesn’t want reward? Regardless of what form of award it is, whether it’s in money, or even as simple as recognition of efforts, we should have a little bit of wants for us to have greater motivation. It feels really great when you have been recognized on your efforts; it feels like all of your hard-works have been paid off. Just like way back grade school, our parents would tell us that they will give us a new toy when we get perfect on our tests, of course we will be energized and thrilled, runs over the things and opens a book to study. That is why I consider this as a helpful trait.

• OPTIMISM
-live by the philosophy that this is the best of times, and that anything is possible.
This is one trait that each individual should have. Even non-entrepreneurs should posses this trait. It is important in a sense that depression and stress will be lessen. Aside from doing all the hard work, we should have a positive outlook, do not worry much. Just like in school now, all-work would kill us, so its better to feel a little lighter and think of a brighter future.

• ORIENTATION TO EXCELLENCE
-Often desire to achieve something outstanding that they can be proud of.
Crave for more. Don’t just settle on a satisfactory but go for excellence. By this, we would be able to reach things we never thought we could. Clients never go for a so-so product but rather choose the perfect one. So it is important to have the urge to make a perfect offer. If I am going to connect it to school stuff, it is like going for flat 1 than settle on a 3.0 grade. It really feels good when you can see a number one digit on your report card. Having the urge to study harder would lead to us to a flat 1 grade. How lovely.

• ORGANIZATION
-Are good at bringing together the components (including people) of a venture.
Being able to organize your people is a necessity, especially when you have people working for you. Having a good communication with your people is important to create strong relationship and could build trust within your own company, and through this, respect would come along the way. Chaos will be prevented and everything will be smooth-sailing. Just like in your own files, organization of things is a better way to access all the things that you need. Everything will be easy and less pressure.

• PROFIT ORIENTATION
-Want to make a profit; but the profit serves primarily as a meter to gauge their success and achievement.
This is what I like the most, don not make profit as your goal but instead use it to test you and give you more motivation and drive. The profit you made measures how well you do on your work. If you gained a huge profit, then it means that you did very well in your venture. The amount of your profit determines how well you do your job as an entrepreneur.

A TECHNOPRENEUR is referred to as an entrepreneur who makes use of the internet and technology to make money.

• SHOULD POSSESS THE ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAITS STATED ABOVE
To rate myself based on the traits above, I could say that I do not have all the traits and I still do not consider myself as a technopreneur yet. Since the result of my Personal Traits test was just satisfactory, I would agree that I am heading there. There are some traits in me that I know would be helpful for me to be a successful technopreneur.

• FLEXIBLY INFLEXIBLE
We should be flexible, but still turning away on our purpose. We can do other stuff, like playing and having fun but never ever lose the focus. I am somehow like that, I do play and have fun but when I am done with playing, I will then go back to what I am doing. Exploring is also a way to learn.

• PRACTICAL VISIONARY
Practicality is important nowadays. We should be able to identify which is practical and which is just a waste of money. It would be very helpful especially when you still in the starting period of your venture. I love spending money, but I do not like wasting them. I want to have more money but just enough to make my life comfortable.

• RATIONAL AND METHODICAL
Good reasoning and having a systematic approach on technopreneurship is a must. One should be consistent in doing his reasoning and logical. This is one of my weaknesses. I hardly think systematically, my thoughts are often scattered and I am really bad in reasoning, but being logical can be learned and I am willing to learn on how to become one.
• LONER BUT TEAM PLPAYER
Loves to be alone but also do well within a team. This is one of my traits. I love to work alone but I also l also like working with others especially my friends. Aside from learning, I also have fun working. Being a techhnopreneur is not just about work and stress but also having fun while earning.

• CREATIVE, INNOVATIVE AND DISCIPLINE
Being creative is needed to make such masterpieces and to create something big to offer to the consumers. And being disciplined is also important. You must have self-control and great thinking skills to win. I am creative and disciplined, but I do not think others can see that. I love creating something that is unique and new to the eyes of people.

Tests are only made to measure, and it is not 100% accurate. I would help you to determine the part off your personality that you need to improve. Knowing yourself is a must to know if you could handle and adjust on the new world you would be engaging into.

References:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/481733/why_do_people_take_personality_tests.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/382152/trait_theory_the_basis_of_human_personality.html?cat=72
http://fatekma.uthm.edu.my/muhaini/images/stories/Cyberpreneur/Lecture_Diploma/chap1_lecture.pdf
http://www.aboutemployeebenefits.co.uk/advantages-benefits-for-employer-employee.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment